Loyola hosts first Fit Fest

Looking for something to do on campus, with a ton of other students, for free?

As the school year gets rolling, the University Sports Complex has got a treat for Loyola students. Fit Fest will be taking place in the University Sports Complex this Wednesday evening and will showcase all wellness programs that the school has to offer.

“We will be showcasing all of our wellness programs including group exercise, intramurals, club sports, personal trainers, and aquatics,” said Erica Svoboda, wellness coordinator. “You will see demonstrations of some of our upcoming group exercise classes, you can go on a tour of the University Sports Complex, participate in a basketball shoot- out, talk to our personal trainers and pretty much find out anything you have ever wondered about the Sports Complex.”

For the fresh-faced-first-year students, this is an opportunity to get a unique introduction to the University Sports Complex. However, this event is open to anyone on campus.

“Whether you come to the University Sports Complex regularly, or have never been, you will definitely learn about at least one new wellness opportunity if you come to Fit Fest,” said Svoboda.

This year is the start of a brand new program that the school is offering as motivation to work out.

“You definitely don’t want to miss Fit Fest because it is the kick off for our new work-out incentive program called iExercise,” said

Svoboda. “You will be able to earn points by coming to the gym. The points you earn will help you earn or win prizes.”

Whether you’re looking to get buff, stay toned, or just like sitting in the hot tub, the Sports Complex is the place to be this semester.

Fit Fest will be Wednesday, Aug 29th from 8 to 10 p.m. in the University Sports Complex. The first 50 students to arrive will get a free t-shirt.

Cami Thomas can be reached at [email protected]