Art Show is “out of the box”

World famous Dutch designer Harmen Liemburg has arrived at Loyola University this week with his traveling art show.

Liemburg, an Amsterdam based graphic designer, screen printer, educator and design journalist is coming to Loyola for a month long exhibit.

His exhibit, “Ultra-Light, Show in a Box,” arrived entirely inside of a single box.

“Everything you need to hang the show is in that box. He has literally thought of everything,” graphic design associate professor Daniela Marx said.

The exhibit will offer 45 original screen print works by Liemburg.

This “out of the box” exhibit will be showing in the Collin C. Diboll Gallery, located on the fourth floor of the Monroe Library. It will be on display and open to the public from Sept 20. to Oct 18.

Marx said she has been working hard to get great artists to the Diboll Art Gallery, and she is very excited to have Liemburg presenting his exhibit right here at Loyola.

Harmen Liemburg isn’t a stranger to the Uptown college world; a few years ago, he collaborated with Loyola and Tulane to teach a print-making workshop. But Marx said this event will be different, “This time we’re bringing him here properly. He will have his own show in our own professional gallery,” he said.

Melanie Potter can be reached at [email protected]