In my own words: Vice President – Haley Humiston

Haley Humiston, Music sophomore
Haley Humiston, Music sophomore

Loyola University is a school unlike any other. Naturally, our student body is just as unique. Throughout my time at Loyola,I have acquired a true understanding and passion for our school’s community.

I have been a member of the SGA since my first semester at Loyola and am currently chief of the executive staff.

My experience in SGA has showed me which methods of change work best, as well as how to set and accomplish realistic goals.

As vice president, I plan to make SGA a visible resource for students and their organizations. Advocates from SGA will meet directly with an assigned organization to assist with allocations packets and address concerns. We will reach out to the student body; students should not be required to reach out to us.

I will ensure that student fees go to programs that students want. My goal is to find out which events and programs interest students the most, and I will spend money accordingly.

Additional goals of mine include working with the athletic department to increase support of our teams, expansion of commuter programming, increased student initiatives (such as Voodoo/Airport Shuttles) and collaboration with Loyola Association of Students for Sustainability to strengthen our sustainability. I will seek feedback on the master plan and give students a voice in the discussion of our changing campus.

I plan for my senators to be more involved, visible and active.

I will communicate senate rules and guidelines to the legislative branch and the student body to ensure that we are making the best possible decisions.