In my own words: Vice President – Josh Washington

Josh Washington. Philosophy sophomore
Josh Washington. Philosophy sophomore

If I am elected vice president for Student Government Association, then I would want to promote this organization to the fullest. I would like to come up with a hip and catchy slogan to motivate people to come to more Senate meetings.

I believe that we should have more notifications, like sending out more e-mails, using the television advertisements in the Danna Center and hanging up banners around campus to let students know that they can come to Senate meetings anytime and see what the Student Government Association is all about.

I would also like to make the Senate meetings even better by designating a few minutes each meeting for our constituents to speak about any issues that they have on campus. I would like to keep PB&J, but I think that commuter students should be represented even more.

If I get this position, I would plan and have more events and prizes for commuter students. I want the graduate students to be more involved on the main campus. SGA should promote more things on the Broadway campus.

I am a strong candidate because I make the proper adjustments when I need to and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I am honest and trustworthy. I want to help the Loyola and New Orleans community grow and develop. I am willing to dedicate several hours to help students at Loyola. I want to listen to students and act as quickly as possible to make sure that their task is done to the fullest, and done perfectly.