Academic Resources

The+%5BAcademic+Resource+Center%5D+offers+academic+counseling+to+help+students+adapt+to+the+university+system+and+demands%2C+tutorial+services%2C+paper+review+services+and+disability+services.+
HILARY CORMIER/CONTRIBUTING PHOTOGRAPHER
The [Academic Resource Center] offers academic counseling to help students adapt to the university system and demands, tutorial services, paper review services and disability services.

Need help with that final term paper? No idea how to do those exercises that are sure to be on your final exam? It’s not too late. Loyola has several academic resources at your disposal.

Academic Resource Center

The A.R.C. provides students with help in any subject matter, regardless of major. The center offers academic counseling to help students adapt to the university system and demands, tutorial services, paper review services and disability services.

• Location: Marquette Hall, Room 112
  • Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Mathematics Center

Commonly known as the “Math Lab,” this center offers help for students enrolled in math courses ranging from developmental math through more difficult courses such as Advanced Calculus. Among the tools available for use are programs, including SPSS, MATLAB and assistance using graphic calculators. Textbooks and solutions manuals are also available.

• Location: Monroe Hall, Room 263
  • Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Ross Foreign Language Center

If you’re taking a foreign language course and are having trouble deciphering sentences or would like to practice your skills, tutors at the language lab are available to assist you. Also, computer stations are available, as well as audiotapes and CDs for every foreign language taught at Loyola.

• Location: Bobet Hall, Room 114
  • Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Writing Across the Curriculum

Whether your thesis statement isn’t clear enough, you have one too many commas or you don’t know which citation style to use, the WAC Lab can be the cure to your writing ills. This is the place to receive constructive criticism on papers and help with grammar from students.

• Location: Bobet Hall, Room 100
  • Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Monroe Library Resources

Students can check out more than just books at the J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library. From Kindles to MIDI keyboards, the library offers a variety of items that you might need to get your work done (or to entertain yourself) during final exams week:

• Music Scores, kits, CDs and LPs (3 weeks)
  • DVDs (3 hours in library to 3 days-varies by DVD)
  • Portable DVD Player (4 hours)
  • Kindle and Kindle Fire (1 to 3 days-depends on model)
  • Headphones (4 hours)
  • Headset with microphone (4 hours)
  • Microphones (4 hours)
  • Digital voice recorder (1 day)
  • MIDI Keyboard (4 hours)
  • Flash drives (1 day)
  • Memory card reader (4 hours)
  • Locker with key (1 week)
  • Laptop and charger (4 hours)
  • Laptop lock (4 hours)
  • Laptop dongle for Mac (4 hours)
  • Still camera (1 day)
  • Video camera (1 day)
  • Tripod (1 day)
  • Webcam (4 hours)
  • Graphing calculator (4 hours) 

Students can check out more than just books at the J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library. (TIFFANY KUDIWU/ASSISTANT PHOTO EDITOR)