People can marry however many people they want to
That's pretty funny. Anonymous
The Browns shocked the world in 2010 when their show "Sister Wives" aired on TLC, showing off their polygamist lifestyle. In the United States, polygamy is banned, making it illegal to have more than one lawful spouse. However, polygamists today are avoiding this law by legally marrying one spouse and holding a "binding ceremony" and having the wives live in separate but close homes.
I do not see the problem with polygamy. If people want to have multiple spouses, then let them.
While I am not necessarily about that lifestyle choice, I do not care what people are doing with their private lives. You can make your own decisions and choose to be involved in plural marriage.
Continually, we talk about the ideas of traditional marriage; yet even in the Bible, there are times when men would take in their brother's wife when he died.
Does polygamy fall in line with the ideas of traditional marriage? Not in the sense that we have become accustomed to in the United States; however it was honorable in the Bible to take multiple wives.
I do not think Kody Brown, the husband Sister Wives, is being noble by taking in multiple wives, and his wives do not seem to mind very much that they have to share him.
Kaitlyn O'Connor can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer