Brief: New grant to assist families in Louisiana and Mississippi
Loyola's Jesuit and Social Research Institute has recently been awarded a $200,000 grant.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation made the donation in an effort to help families in Louisiana and Mississippi that are poor and in need.
The grant is designed to help address economic injustices that low-income families face, and it will allow for the Jesuit and Social Research Institute to expand its work on addressing economic justice and financial inequalities.
The institute will provide economic research and analysis to support their advocacy efforts. Funding for the project will be provided until Jan. 31, 2016.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?