Brief: New grant funds nursing scholarships
The Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare granted $20,000 to the Loyola School of Nursing.
According to a Loyola press release, the funds will be used to establish two new scholarships for Doctor of Nursing Practice students. The scholarships will be given to one Nurse Leader Scholar and one Veterans Health Care Scholar.
The grant comes as part of a national effort to remedy a shortage of nursing faculty and to prepare future nurses, the press release said.
The university will contribute $10,000 to the fund in order to supply the two scholarships, according to the press release.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance