Brief: New grant funds nursing scholarships
The Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare granted $20,000 to the Loyola School of Nursing.
According to a Loyola press release, the funds will be used to establish two new scholarships for Doctor of Nursing Practice students. The scholarships will be given to one Nurse Leader Scholar and one Veterans Health Care Scholar.
The grant comes as part of a national effort to remedy a shortage of nursing faculty and to prepare future nurses, the press release said.
The university will contribute $10,000 to the fund in order to supply the two scholarships, according to the press release.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age