Brief: Interfaith peace initiative proposed
Thirty-eight New Orleans faith communities have jointly presented a $2.5 million proposal for a peace initiative to the Casey Family Foundation.
The National Urban League requested peace proposals from New Orleans, Louisville and Seattle. The proposals would then be sent to the Casey Family Foundation for funding. All cities' proposals are currently under review.
Last November at Dillard University, the communities signed an agreement pledging to combat the culture of death and violence through the NOLA Interfaith Peace Initiative.
Each community worked on a specific plan for their respective neighborhoods. The Urban League of Greater New Orleans compiled them in January and sent them to the foundation for review.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Maroon News Articles
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy