Brief: Interfaith peace initiative proposed
Thirty-eight New Orleans faith communities have jointly presented a $2.5 million proposal for a peace initiative to the Casey Family Foundation.
The National Urban League requested peace proposals from New Orleans, Louisville and Seattle. The proposals would then be sent to the Casey Family Foundation for funding. All cities' proposals are currently under review.
Last November at Dillard University, the communities signed an agreement pledging to combat the culture of death and violence through the NOLA Interfaith Peace Initiative.
Each community worked on a specific plan for their respective neighborhoods. The Urban League of Greater New Orleans compiled them in January and sent them to the foundation for review.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools