Brief: Claire Keegan, award- winning author and alumna, reads own work at Loyola
Award-winning Irish author Claire Keegan A'92 will read some of her work in a free event on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. in the Whitney Room of Thomas Hall as a continuation of the Centennial Celebration at Loyola University New Orleans.
"Antarctica," a collection of stories, was published in 1999 and was named a Los Angeles Times Best Book. Her other works include "Walk the Blue Fields," published in 2007, and "Foster," published in 2009, which won the Davy Byrnes Irish Writing Award. Keegan has won many other awards including the Francis Macmanus Award twice.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...