Brief: Student Government Association creates task force objectives
Loyola's Student Government Association senators are leading task forces in efforts to improve certain constituent issues on campus.
SGA senators are developing plans to address the issues of smoking, sustainability, facilities, advocacy and outreach, and voter registration.
Allison Cormier, political science sophomore and SGA senator-at-large, has been working on the smoking task force since last semester to address the issue of smoking on campus.
Blake Corley, mass communication junior and executive vice president, has encouraged senators to sign up for the different task forces to help in meeting with administration concerning these topics. At the weekly senate meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 5, Corley announced that the facilities task force would be meeting with Joseph Locascio, director of computer and network services, to discuss the issues with the internet connection on campus.
Corley also announced that Nate Ryther, economy sophomore and SGA senator, has been working with Louisiana Association of Students for Sustainability to get recycle bins next to every trash can.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?