Brief: Goodell upholds Saints bounty suspensions
Although the New Orleans Saints are going into a bye week, the team is busier than ever. In relation to the team's bounty scandal that came to light earlier this year, the NFL recently adjusted several players' suspensions - for better and for worse. Former Saints linebacker Scott Fujita and former Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove both had their suspensions reduced, so they are now able to participate in more games than previously anticipated.
Saints defensive end Will Smith's original penalties remain intact, suspending him from four games this season. Also, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma's yearlong suspension has been upheld. However, Vilma will receive payment for his time on the "physically-unable-to-perform list." The players will have a chance to appeal the NFL's rulings in the upcoming weeks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?