Brief: Goodell upholds Saints bounty suspensions
Although the New Orleans Saints are going into a bye week, the team is busier than ever. In relation to the team's bounty scandal that came to light earlier this year, the NFL recently adjusted several players' suspensions - for better and for worse. Former Saints linebacker Scott Fujita and former Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove both had their suspensions reduced, so they are now able to participate in more games than previously anticipated.
Saints defensive end Will Smith's original penalties remain intact, suspending him from four games this season. Also, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma's yearlong suspension has been upheld. However, Vilma will receive payment for his time on the "physically-unable-to-perform list." The players will have a chance to appeal the NFL's rulings in the upcoming weeks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Maroon News Articles
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy