Brief: Golf team heads to Nationals
The Loyola women's golf team qualified for the 2014 National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Women's Golf National Championship Tournament for the first time in Loyola's women's golf history.
Their second place finish at the 2014 Southern States Athletic Conference Women's Golf Championship earned them a spot in the National Championship, which will be May 20 through May 21 in Lincoln, Neb.
The women were 13 strokes behind the first place team, No. 7 College of Coastal Georgia. Five Loyola students finished in the Top 20 individually. Biological Sciences Freshman Alexis Hazard finished third individually, scoring a career best of 73. Biological Sciences Sophomore Alexis Vega tied for ninth place, Mass Communication Junior Sarah-Anne Smurlick came in at 14 and International Business Freshman Julchen Narward finished at 19.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools