Port of Call
Freshmen Alex Blitzer blocks a spike from English junior, Ashley England as pyschology junior, Gina Gill, backround, backs her up during a Lady Wolfpack Volleyball Practice. The team is preparing for their next game against Martin Methodist University. Kevin Zansler, Senior Staff Writer
838 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, La. 70116 • 504-523-0120
Located on Esplanade in the middle of a residential area in between the Quarter and the Marigny is Port of Call, a not-your-average burger joint. When you get in through the heavy wooden door, you are welcomed by the dim, mysterious interior of the pirate ship-inspired restaurant. To start off your visit, walk up to the bar and order the Monsoon; the line may be a little long, but it is definitely worth it. The menu is short and sweet. You have the option of a plain burger, a cheeseburger, a mushroom burger or a mushroom cheeseburger, and then instead of the traditional side of fries, you get a baked potato, which can come with the option of sour cream, cheddar cheese or mushrooms (for a little bit extra) or bacon bits and chives for free on request. The burger and the potato are both over-sized and delicious, but don't worry: It's too dark inside for anyone to notice you gorging on your food, so go ahead and enjoy.
4600 Freret St., New Orleans, La. 70115 • 504-267-0320
8115 Oak St., New Orleans La. 70118 • 504-218-5416
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?