Brief: Carnival season gets 'smardi'
Loyola's Office of Student Affairs and the Student Government Association is launching its weeklong Mardi Gras celebration, with a safety twist.
The events kick off with Mardi Gras Mambo Third Friday on Friday, Feb. 21 at 3:30 p.m. in the Peace Quad. There will be decorating stations for Mardi Gras fanny packs and tie-dyeing parade T-shirts.
On Monday, Feb. 24 at noon in the Danna Center there will be Smardi Gras T-Shirt Giveaway.
Take Care Of Yourself Tuesday: Fat Tuesday Edition will take place Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 11:30 a.m. in the Danna Center. There will be free fitness assessments, chair massages and a free water bottle giveaway.
On Thursday, Feb. 27 at 12:30 p.m. in the Danna Center, SGA will be giving out free koozies with a Mardi Gras parade schedule and safety tips.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Maroon News Articles
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy