Brief: Yoga Club and new recycling bins coming to Loyola
Student Government Association chartered a new yoga club to Loyola's campus at the weekly Senate meeting held on Wednesday, March 26. Stephany Medina, music therapy sophomore, was a representative for the organization at the meeting.
Medina said that the club would offer students the opportunity to be part of a community interested in yoga. Medina said the students would also hold discussions and share opinions about different facilities and instructors that would be beneficial to members.
Medina said that the club would invite the yoga instructors from the Sports Complex to lead some of the meetings.
SGA charted the club with a unanimous vote by Senate.
Also at the meeting, Senate unanimously passed to put three new recycle cans in the Danna Student Center.
Nate Ryther, economics sophomore and senator of the College of Business, has been leading the sustainability task force and worked with the Loyola Association Students for Sustainability in getting the cans on campus. Ryther said the cans would be placed in high traffic areas near CC's and the food court.
Ryther said these cans would be emptied on a daily basis by the members of LASS.
Ryther also said that he hopes to have the cans installed within the next two weeks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest