Sectarian violence continues in Myanmar
CNN hero of the year Liz McCartney addresses the importance of community service at Satchmo’s March 23. McCartney shared her story as part of Loyola’s Peace Week, which brought in speakers and performers to raise awareness for global peace issues. Dan Helfers/The Maroon
A Muslim man cuts hair at a makeshift barber shop next to a roadside produce stand in Tha' Chaung village in Myanmar. Myanmar Buddhists killed 48 Muslims on Jan. 25, 2014, the latest in a series of sectarian violence between the two groups that began in 2012, leaving several Muslims displaced in communities like Tha' Chaung.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit