Shannon Donaldson/Editor, Wolf Magazine. SARA FELDMAN/Wolf Magazine
At some point or another, almost everyone has that moment. My moment arrived when I came home for Thanksgiving break my sophomore year. I was talking to my parents about what time I should leave to go back to New Orleans once the break was over, and it just slipped out.
I referred to Loyola, and my residence in New Orleans, as "home."
It was a strangely comforting feeling knowing that I could call Loyola not just my school, but also my home.
Whether you've had your moment or not, we hope that this issue will give you something you need. That's why we've pulled together the housing issue of Wolf Magazine to reflect the many definitions of "home" and how we can best choose and maintain them.
Whether you call a Loyola residence hall home, you've made the leap to an off-campus residence or you commute from the house you share with your parents, we've got you covered.
Peek into the ancient French home that Music Business Senior Joy Cornay inherited from her great uncle (x5), St. Jean-Charles Cornay on page 8. We've also included pieces on how you can decorate your space on a budget on page 4, how to go about any issue that could arise in sharing a residence on page 10, and the safety issues that arise when you move off campus on page 12.
We also included a piece in this issue to recognize the man who has been making Loyola a home for thousands of students over the years.
The decisions you'll make on where to live during your college years are some of the first adult steps you'll take, so we hope you'll make them wisely.
Editor, Wolf Magazine
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?