Sportscaster to give panel at competition
The 37th Tom Bell Silver Scribe Competition for high school journalists will feature a free, public panel by Michael Smith, ESPN sportscaster and Loyola alum. The panel will be held on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Loyola's School of Mass Communication and the Press Club of New Orleans will co-host the panel and competition. The competition will judge high school journalists on best news story, best news photograph and best newspaper, among other categories.
Professional journalists will be the judges for the categories.
The high school awarded with the most points will win a sweepstakes award.
Jemele Hill, ESPN columnist, and Keith Goralski, ESPN senior director of audio, will co-host the panel with Smith. The panel will discuss multimedia storytelling and producing news for multiple platforms.
The panel will be at 3 p.m. in room 402 of the Communications/Music Complex and will be open to both high school and college students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age