Sportscaster to give panel at competition
The 37th Tom Bell Silver Scribe Competition for high school journalists will feature a free, public panel by Michael Smith, ESPN sportscaster and Loyola alum. The panel will be held on Saturday, Feb. 15.
Loyola's School of Mass Communication and the Press Club of New Orleans will co-host the panel and competition. The competition will judge high school journalists on best news story, best news photograph and best newspaper, among other categories.
Professional journalists will be the judges for the categories.
The high school awarded with the most points will win a sweepstakes award.
Jemele Hill, ESPN columnist, and Keith Goralski, ESPN senior director of audio, will co-host the panel with Smith. The panel will discuss multimedia storytelling and producing news for multiple platforms.
The panel will be at 3 p.m. in room 402 of the Communications/Music Complex and will be open to both high school and college students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer