New commuter organization is chartered
Loyola's Student Government Association chartered a Commuter Student Association at the weekly University Senate meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
The organization wants to be a liaison for commuter students, as well as represent their voice on campus. The organization plans to host movie nights, karaoke nights and co-hosted service events with LUCAP and other departments.
The organization also plans to have a mentorship program for incoming freshmen commuter students. The program intends to help incoming students get acquainted with the campus as well as other students within the Loyola community.
The organization plans to have members attend freshman orientations to meet incoming commuter students. The organization was chartered by SGA with a unanimous vote.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...