Brief: Tuition not increasing next academic year
In an email sent to university staff members on Dec. 20, 2013, the Rev. Kevin Wildes, S.J., announced that no tuition increase would occur for the 2014-2015 academic year.
In the email, Wildes said that the decision was made at the December Board of Trustees meeting. He also said that only a "modest" raise in room and board would occur.
"The decision to keep tuition at the current rate affirms our commitment to making a liberal arts and sciences education at a private Jesuit university affordable for current students as well as future ones," Wildes said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Maroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MAROON NEWS
RECENT THE MAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age