Injuries from motorcycle accident kill Loyola senior
Matthew Jones, senior finance and accounting major, died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident last weekend. He was 27 years old. Jones leaves behind his wife, Noelle, and three children.
Jones, who transferred to Loyola in 2010, served in the U.S. Army as an Army Ranger for seven years prior to enrolling at Loyola to finish his education.
According to a university-wide email, funeral services have been planned for March 3 at Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home in New Orleans. Visitation will be held from 12 to 2 p.m., followed by a ceremony honoring Jones' life.
Loyola is discussing plans for an on-campus memorial for Jones.
Criag Malveaux can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools