Brief: Law professor wins NAACP award
William P. Quigley, J.D., professor and director of the Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice at the Loyola College of Law, will be honored by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People for his work. Quigley will be receiving the Emmitt J. Douglas Memorial Award, the highest NAACP honor in Louisiana, from the Louisiana State Conference of the NAACP at Southern University Law School on Jan. 26. Quigley was recognized for being part of several legal teams that have participated in voting rights challenges with reapportioning of voting boundaries throughout the state.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More loyolamaroon News Articles
Recent loyolamaroon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST LOYOLAMAROON NEWS
RECENT LOYOLAMAROON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit