Chi Alpha provides Thanksgiving dinner

Chi+Alpha+members+at+the+Fall+Breakaway+event+on+Sept.+28.+Chi+Alpha+members+do+work+benefiting+the+community+and+Loyola+students+during+the+school+year.+

Josh Harvey

Chi Alpha members at the Fall Breakaway event on Sept. 28. Chi Alpha members do work benefiting the community and Loyola students during the school year.

Josh Byrd

Students who plan to stay on campus over the break should not have to worry about eating noodles for Thanksgiving.

Residential Life is once again partnering with Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship to provide a Thanksgiving meal for students who are staying on campus during break.

Chi Alpha is a student organization on campus whose mission is to show the love of Jesus through building community.

Josh Harvey, director of Chi Alpha, said that this partnership with Residential Life is important because it is a great way to meet spiritual needs that students have by meeting very real physical needs.

“It would be great to be able to go home, but everything that we do focuses on what needs are there and ministering in practical ways,” Harvey said.

Brandon Williams, community director of Biever Hall and coordinator for the event, said he is excited about the upcoming Thanksgiving meal. According to Williams, this year’s meal will be slightly different.

“A new piece to this dinner is having it conducted in the Orleans Room. This is allowing us to provide more space and meals for those who want to participate,” Williams said.

Jasmine Coleman, a student leader in Chi Alpha, said that she really appreciates the meal that happens every year. Because Jasmine lives in Michigan, she said it is almost impossible to go home for those few days.

Other dinner options at Loyola are closed, so for some students this dinner is their only meal option on campus for Thanksgiving day.

“I’m glad they do it and I hope they don’t stop. You guys make my Thanksgiving away from home nice,” Coleman said.

The meal will be held on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 27, in the Orleans Room. Any student who will be on campus and needs good food options that day is encouraged to come by, grab a plate and eat.